With Cinco De Mayo coming tomorrow, I thought I would share Pop in this Mango Salsa. It’s one of my favorite recipes to make in spring and summer because it’s refreshing, fun, and so damn easy. Follow the recipe once or twice, and you can leave the measuring cups in the drawer and just the eyeball ingredients. After that, you can change it in every possible way. Mix in the avocado, or add a few black beans. You can even throw pickled Jalapeños there! As it is a simple and flexible recipe, it suits variations well and never disappoints. Prepare your Margarita(or Mango Margarita) – let’s make Mango Salsa!
Mango Salsa Recipe Ingredients
This sweet and spicy Salsa requires only 7 ingredients:
- Mangoes-any ripe mango will work here, but Ataulfo or Champagne mangoes (pictured above) are my first choice for this recipe. They usually appear in grocery stores in the spring. I prefer red mangoes because they have a softer, juicier texture and a sweeter taste.
- Red onion-for color, crunch and spicy, hearty taste.
- Coriander-it stains Salsa with greenery and adds fresh flavor.
- Lime juice-it makes Salsa bright and spicy.
- Garlic-for a strong depth of taste.
- Pepper For Heat.
- And sea salt – to burst all the flavors!
- Mango-Salsa Recipe-Variations
This mango salsa recipe is super flexible! Feel free to change it to your liking or use what you have on hand. Here are some of my favorite variations:
Add avocado. The lawyer does everything better, doesn’t he? Stir in 1/2-1 diced avocado for a richer, creamier Salsa.
Cucumber something. For an extra bright and spicy Salsa, replace raw Jalapeños with picked chilies. Pickled red onions would be excellent here too!
En masse. Turn this mango salsa into a more hearty dip by adding 1/2 Cup of cooked black beans and a few finely diced red peppers.
This mango Salsa recipe is a perfect appetizer. I love it alone with tortilla Chips, and it’s also a great way to spice up Guacamole. Shovel something on your next bowl of Guac for a fancy dress dip!
But your options for serving it do not end there. Here are some of my favorite ways to use it:
- On tacos. Cook it on these Vegan jackfruit Tacos or on one of these 11 best vegetarian taco recipes!
- On a Salad. Add a ball to your next taco salad.
- On nachos. Find my epic Nachos recipe here.
- With stuffed peppers. Top on these stuffed Poblanos or stuffed peppers for a sweet and spicy taste.
In burrito bowls. Start with a base of coriander lime rice and creamy pinto beans. Then load your bowl with Fajita vegetables, Guac and a ball of mango salsa. Add a splash of Chipotle sauce or cilantro lime vinaigrette to put it all on top!
More homemade sauces and dips
If you like this fresh mango salsa recipe, try one of these homemade Salsas or dips.:
- Wine tasting
- Homemade Salsa
- Tomatillo Green Sauce
- Pineapple Sauce
- Corn Sauce
- Cowboy Caviar
- Vegan Cheese