This avocado sauce is the perfect topping for these roasted cauliflower Tacos. Or Tacos. It is smooth, rich and creamy, with a touch of bright lime taste. You just need 5 ingredients to make it, and it comes together in less than 5 minutes. I think it could be another night of tacos in our house!
The recipe is taken from Julia Turshen’s new Simply Julia cookbook, filled with 110 recipes for healthy and comforting eating. Like this avocado sauce recipe (and those cauliflower Tacos), each is easy to make but filled with flavor. They’re not all vegetarian, but there’s a whole section of vegan starters and a vegetable side dish with lots of other meat-free (and gluten-free!) Dishes scattered throughout the book.
Another great thing about the book? Julia writes. It’s hilarious, comforting and inspiring at the same time, and reminds you that “delicious food doesn’t have to be complicated. “You want proof? Just try this recipe for avocado sauce.
Avocado Sauce Recipe Ingredients
You will only need 5 ingredients to make this creamy avocado sauce:
- Lawyer, of course! Make sure yours is ripe. It should be soft to blend into a smooth, creamy sauce.
Fresh coriander – do not worry if a small stalk creeps in. It will mix well and give the Sauce a powerful flavor.
- Lime juice – its bright taste cuts the richness of avocado.
- Mayo – you can try it here, so be sure to use a good one. I recommend Sir Kensington’s classic Mayonnaise or Avocado oil Mayonnaise. Vegan mayo works here too!
- And salt-to burst all the flavors!
- You can make this recipe in two ways: in a food processor or by hand. If using a food processor, simply add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix until smooth.
No Robot? Without Any Problems. Add the ingredients to a medium bowl and mash them with a fork or potato masher. The Sauce will not be so smooth, but it will still taste good.
Try the Sauce and add more salt if necessary. Then enjoy it immediately Or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day.
Avocado Sauce Serving Suggestions
My favorite way to use this avocado sauce is on Tacos. Julia specifically asks for it in her roasted cauliflower taco recipe, but it would work well on those sweet potato tacos, roasted vegetable tacos, or mushroom tacos.
It would also be a fantastic dip for homemade Taquitos, sweet potato fries or a vegetarian Quesadilla. Do you have some? Slather on a black bean burger for a bright flavor pop.
More favorite Taco sauces
If you like this avocado sauce recipe, check out Simply Julia! Then try one of these delicious Taco sauces.: